In today's extra-long episode, we spotlight 10 types of jabs that you can use to set up power shots, inflict damage, and score safely.
WPP#4 features Paulie Malignaggi, Jeff Mayweather, Mike Ruiz, Lamont Peterson, Freddie Roach, and Errol Spence Jr.
Please direct any questions to our Facebook page or leave a comment below.
And here's last week's episode on inside fighting techniques for those who missed it.
WPP#4: 10 Ways to Throw the Jab
Film Study Clips:
1. Real Estate Jab:
2. Pace Control / Timing Control Jab:
3. Freezing Jab:
4. Ruler Jab:
5. Glove Jab:
6a. Harpoon Jab (glove pinning):
6b. Harpoon Jab (inside pivot):
6c. Harpoon Jab (outside pivot):
7. Pump-Action Jab:
8. Spear Jab:
Many of the topics discussed in today's boxing technique podcast are covered in greater detail elsewhere on-site. Please check the following resources for more information on:
- How to Counter the Jab
- "Aiming to miss"
- Proper jab mechanics
- Boxing film study
- Hand control / "hooking" options
- "Hooking" (hand control option for inside pivot)
As always, special thanks to Homage for the intro music titled "Vices."
Don't forget to check out the excellent resources and training systems referenced in today's show:
- The Boxing Jab with Jeff Mayweather
- Paulie Malinaggi sparring Mike Ruiz
- Ring Smarts - Episode 1 - The Jab with Paulie Malignaggi
- Lamont Peterson vs. Errol Spence Jr. (Full fight - account live as of post date)